Thursday, December 22, 2011

New Beginnings

I stumbled across my blog earlier today, only to realize my last post was from July of 2010. Oh how time has passed. I honestly thought I was only 3 or 4 months behind on my blogging.

As I read through the handful of blogs I had posted, I realized how drastically things have changed in the last year and a half. I decided that rather than resuming my posts, I would create an entirely new blog site. After all, I have had so many new beginnings since then and how better to keep up the trend than to say "Out with the old and in with the new"?

So here's a quick little update of the time that's passed between the last post on my old blog and this, the first post on my new one:

First off, I would like you to meet Sookie. She is our sweet little baby girl. Of course, by "sweet" I do mean she loves to destroy mommy's shoes, purses and basically anything else she can get in her little mouth. However, all she has to do is flash that poor little puppy face and all is forgiven. 

My precious little girl. (She's a Jack Russell Terrier by the way.)

Next on the list is my job. As my last post mentioned, I was working on a political campaign for Blake Farenthold who was the Republican candidate running for the Congressional seat for the 27th District of Texas. Well, he won. As much faith as I had in him and as much as I prayed, nothing could have ever prepared any of us for an actual win. He defeated the 28 year Democratic incumbent, Congressman Solomon P. Ortiz. Congressman Farenthold flew our staff to Washington, D.C., the first week of January 2011 for his inauguration as a United States Representative. That trip was priceless. Did I mention it was my first time flying...EVER? 

The work year has been a complete roller coaster! It's been go, go, go since day one and there doesn't seem to be any slowing down in sight. I'm just thankful to be getting a couple days off for the Christmas holiday!

I'll add a pic from DC when I get on my laptop!

My husband, Bradley, has 4 beautiful sisters. Their names are, in order by age, Katy, Lauren, Katelyn and Lindsay. I mention this now, because there will be plenty of references throughout the posts.

Lauren recently graduated from Texas Tech University where she was a fashion design student. In May we went up to Lubbock for her Senior Fashion Show. It did not disappoint. Not only were her pieces amazing, but she won a national award for her Men's Jeans design. Along with this award was a trip to Colombia and Guatemala to visit manufacturing plants, the winners even had about a dozen of their winning items "mass" produced. It was such a great experience for her!

 Lauren - Receiving the award plaque for her Men's Jeans design.

 
 The winning style in action.

In August I made a trip back up to Lubbock in August with Brad's mom to help move Katelyn into her new apartment. It was definitely a fun filled weekend. Everyone's inner interior designer came out and the final product was a masterpiece!

 Kate's cute little bedroom.

...and her matching bathroom!

Lauren demonstrating the new living area!


Katelyn's first day of her Sophomore year at Texas Tech University!


About two weeks after the move-in, Brad's family made a trip back up to Lubbock for Lauren's graduation. Sadly, we were both on the clock that weekend and weren't able to make it. We're still so proud of his little sister though!

 Lauren and her fiance Blaine on graduation day!

 Just two short months later it was time for our next road trip. This time, Bradley and I made the long drive to Longview for Lauren and Blaine's WEDDING! It was hands down the most beautiful wedding I have ever been to. They are so in love and it was just amazing seeing that love flourish into the next stage of their life together.

 The big kiss!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday of the year. There's just something about the season in itself, I just get that "homey" feeling when November rolls around. There's also the element reliving how much you have been blessed over the year and being thankful for your friends and family. This year was probably the most calm Thanksgiving we've ever had. It was just, perfect. We had lunch at Bradley's parents house. Lauren and Blaine were there, along with his parents and grandparents. After lunch, we went home for our post-turkey coma and then my mom came to spend the afternoon with us.

 Getting ready to enjoy our feast!

Finally, we're catching up with our timeline of the year! Last weekend, on December 17, Brad's sister, Katy, and one of my very best friends, Brittany, both graduated from Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi. Katy graduated with her Bachelors in Psychology and Brittany graduated with her Masters in Education. I'm so proud of both of them!

 Our newest graduate - Katy Hajek!

 Not the best pic, but here's Brittany fresh off the stage!

So now we are completely caught up on the last year! I have a couple more posts to come regarding my recent craftiness, that will be a post in itself, and a post about the upcoming holidays! Hopefully I can actually keep up with this thing from now on! I envy my friend Sara for being able to keep up with hers so well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment